The Digitalization of Medicine and the City of the Future,
Two Important Topics on Debate During the Virtualized Summits
on November 23 and 24, 2022
The autumn edition of the Virtualized summit is taking place this very week: it is the first B2B exhibition and conference concept in Romania, occurring exclusively online, and aiming to inform and to help educate the international business environment.
On November 23 and 24, 2022, experts and professionals in fields such as IT, healthcare, pharma, sustainability, green energy, and smart city are invited to attend two online conferences organised for the first time in Romania, eHealth Summit – Enhancing Life, Excelling in Digital Care, and Sustainability Summit – High-Tech Sustainability in our DNA respectively.
Access to these exhibitions is free, all you need to do is get registered on the official platform https://www.virtualized.ro/.
Just like an offline event, the Virtualized exhibitions and conferences consist of:
- online conferences given by international experts.
- panels where top-level professionals debate Live popular topics in their fields of expertise.
- networking breaks, during which the participants can interact in real time among themselves or with the representatives of the attending companies by using the public chat on the MyConnector platform.
The novelty of this autumn’s events is the fact that both the speakers and the audience are international. These are some of the participating countries: Romania, Italy, Germany, Great
Britain, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Lithuania, Turkey, Indonesia, Greece, Ukraine, and Saudi Arabia.
The main partner of the Virtualized events, organised by Universum Expo, is certSIGN, the most important designer and developer of cryptographic solutions in Romania, in accordance with the requirements of the eIDAS Regulation.
During the events, certSIGN will present several solutions specifically designed for the needs of the business environment and for making relations with public institutions easier, thus playing an important role for the latter’s digital transformation.
The Digitalization of Medicine, a very Near Future
The eHealth Summit – Enhancing Life, Excelling in Care will take place on Wednesday, November 23, from 11 am until 5 pm.
As the first international eHealth conference organised in Romania, it will provide a complete picture of the global healthcare ecosystem, bringing into the spotlight technology as an element that makes a revolution in medicine in all respects, from diagnostics and preventive medicine to the relationship between physicians and patients, as well as to public healthcare in general.
The summit is organised for professionals in the medical and pharmaceutical industries, for those whose activity is related to the manufacturing and distribution of medical devices, as well as for amateurs of health monitoring devices.
Some Hot Points of the eHealth Summit Agenda
From subjects to co-creators: successfully involving patients into developing eHealth solutions, Dr Christine Jacob, Healthcare Lecturer and Researcher at the Northwestern Switzerland FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and Steve Bourke, Founder and CEO at PersonalPulse GmbH.
- Christine Jacob is a lecturer and researcher in the field of healthcare at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Switzerland. Holding more than 20 years of experience in this industry, Christine is an experienced healthcare manager who has held several international leadership positions in major pharmaceutical companies such as Roche and Novartis. Her career spanned multiple digital strategy roles, her goal being that of supporting stakeholders to adopt innovative user engagement strategies to create relevant and sustainable eHealth solutions and implementation strategies.
Steven Bourke, CEO and founder of PersonalPulse GmbH. Bourke is a lawyer and represents patients’ interests. He works with patients to create healthcare tools that are relevant, usable, and sustainable. He has worked with several partners in the healthcare ecosystem, large pharmaceutical companies including Roche and Novartis. He is the co-founder of the RheumaCura Foundation, an organisation whose mission is that Rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases can be prevented and cured.
The Future of Healthcare Was Yesterday, Jens Koegler, Healthcare Industry Director EMEA, VMware
- Jens Koegler is a healthcare manager at VMware in the EMEA.
He supports healthcare clients to develop and implement modern applications, thereby driving innovation and ensuring better patient care. Jens thus plays a key role in helping clients understand how new applications, devices, the latest IT technologies, and digital transformation drive innovation in healthcare.
AI in Healthcare: Fundamental Changes, Dr Ligia Kornowska, Chair of the Board at Data Lake
- Ligia Kornowska, General Manager of the Polish Hospital Federation, the largest hospital organisation in this country. Leader of the ”AI Healthcare Coalition” for Poland, Kornowska has been nominated among the ”100 most influential people in the Polish healthcare system” for the past 3 years, and has held leadership positions in leading Polish healthcare start-ups.
What Is the Role of Technology in the Public Healthcare?, Dr. Jhonatan Bringas Dimitriades, Digital Health Educator and Advisor, Founder and CEO at Lapsi Health
- Jhonatan Bringas Dimitriades is a physician, Digital Health manager and advisor. He works with a complex team of technologists, developers, medical professionals, and patients to deliver digital and technical solutions aimed at improving diagnosis, treatment, recovery, and a better life quality for patients around the world. Jhonatan is also one of the 50 most influential voices in the field of healthcare, according to Medika Life.
The Future of Diagnostics: Customized and preventive healthcare in Europe, Dr. Aiden Hannah, Research Analyst, Deloitte UK Centre for Health Solutions
- Aiden Hannah is a Research Analyst at the Deloitte Centre for Health Solutions, where he applies knowledge on life sciences and the healthcare industry to help find solutions for the challenges affecting the industry, and to generate forecasts for the future.
The Sustainability Summit: High-Tech Sustainability in our DNA will take place on Thursday, November 24, from 11 am until 5 pm
Though still in its infancy in Romania, the field of sustainability is of great importance both for the development of the economy and for ensuring a future for humankind itself.
Starting from this premise, the summit gathers the best international specialists to discuss the ways to transform businesses into sustainable ones and to keep making profit at the same time. At the same time, the Sustainability Summit will display a perspective of the city of the future, a green, sustainable city built with the help of technology.
The event is aimed at CEOs, entrepreneurs, product managers, marketing people, as well as technology and sustainability enthusiasts.
Some Hot Points of the Sustainability Summit Agenda
Digitalization – a Pure Saviour or a Dirty Foe?, Jacek Hutyra, Climate Officer, Orange Poland
- Jacek Hutyra is in charge of the design, implementation, and animation of the #OrangeGoesGreen strategy and of transversal actions in the field of environmental protection. The company’s science-based overall goal is zero carbon emissions by 2040.
Based on the experience of Orange Poland, Jacek’s session will answer questions such as what should be the connection and what is the balance between the responsibility of cutting down emissions to zero, and creating value for stakeholders?
Innovative Partnerships and Sustainable Technology: the Links between Technology and Virtual Facilitation for SDG, Dr Paola Fiore, Founder & Manager at ETICAMBIENTE
- Paola Fiore, founder and manager. Sustainability pioneer. CSR specialist, environmental and climate change expert and consultant, educator and ambassador of the TeachSDGs organisation at the United Nations. Her session will answer all questions about sustainable development.
The Pathway to Linear Cities, Joaquim Alvarez, Head of digital cognitive construction, NEOM
- Potentially one of the most interesting sessions of the event will be held by Joaquim Alvarez, Head of digital cognitive construction at NEOM, the company to have imagined and to build the first city of the future. The project, called His Royal Highness, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, reimagines urban life starting from the principle of walking. Communities will be built on a mixed layer of physical and digital infrastructure including essential utilities and transport services integrated below the surface. NEOM will be an innovation hub allowing established global companies and emerging players to research, incubate, and trade innovative technologies to accelerate human progress.
Plastic Does Not Grow in Trees, Yet It Could, Max Mohammadi, Co-founder, CTO & Chair at PlaticFri
- Max Mohammadi, co-founder, CTO, and chair of Plastic Fri. Max is the creator of PlasticFri, a GreenTech company based in Sweden aimed to put an end to the plastic pollution catastrophe. As a value-driven leader and visionary social entrepreneur and as an innovator, Max received numerous awards including the Alfred Nobel Prize for Innovation, the Gold Medal, the Best Inventor Award, the Swedish Grand Prize for Engineering, and ”the European of the Year” award.
The State of Sustainability and What Will Happen in the Future?, Erik Solheim
- Erik Solheim was the Minister of Environment and International Development in Norway from 2005 to 2012. Erik was the Executive Chair of the Development Assistance Committee of the OECD (the world’s main donor entity) from 2012 to 2016, and the Executive Manager of UN Environment from 2016 to 2018. He is currently a Senior Advisor at the World Resources Institute and Chair of the Belt and Road Green Development Institute in Beijing. He is also the Chief Mentor of the Global Alliance for a Sustainable Planet, and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Afroz Shah Foundation in Mumbai.
His session will provide an overview of the global sustainability situation, as well as insights about the future in this field.
The Multiple Sides of the Impact of Information and Communications Technology on the Environment, Pernilla Bergmark, Senior Researcher at Ericsson
- Pernilla Bergmark is a senior researcher at Ericsson, focused on the impact of information and communications technology on sustainability. Her research interests include methodology development and environmental impact assessments, the circular economy, planetary boundaries, and global goals.
Her session will present the direct and indirect consequences of information and communications technology on the environment during the transition to Net Zero.
Attending this event is free of charge, all you need to do is get registered on www.virtualized.ro.
Anyone interested in attending the Virtualized exhibition and conference needs to get registered with their business information (professional e-mail/ telephone number/ job title).
The organizer reserves its right to select the participants.
Follow the official platforms for further information:
UNIVERSUM is a company built around the concept of corporate event architecture, with more than 10 years of experience in Romania, ranking among the largest companies in this field.
UNIVERSUM encompasses an entire ecosystem of solutions for companies from organising internationally recognized team building events, large-scale events such as: conferences, sports competitions, product launches and festivals, to complete software solutions for organising events.
Virtualized is the first virtual exhibition-conference in Romania consisting of a series of online events organized with the aim of informing and educating the domestic business environment. During the events, the challenges faced by business professionals are addressed in real time and quick solutions are provided.
Bucharest Tech Week is the festival that turns Bucharest into the international capital of technology, while bringing together both professionals and technology and innovation enthusiasts.
GoTech World (previously called Internet & Mobile World) is the largest expo-conference and home of the digital economy in Central and Eastern Europe, where professionals from the entire region have access to B2B tech solutions, insights into various digital areas, and a networking opportunity.
The Imobiliarium Fair in the University area brings together over 50 new residential projects from Bucharest and its surroundings, during the 3 days.
MyConnector is a flexible platform allowing to organise online events, conferences, and exhibitions, as well as live interaction between participants.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0722233114.